Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Trip to North Carolina (Part 7): Saxapahaw General Store

At this point I was really full and didn't want to eat anymore. But we decided to go to a 5-star rated gas station. Interesting. It was in Saxapahaw and this time it was only a mere 35 miles away. The roads were small but the scenery really interesting. Driving through the South turned out to be really interesting. We arrived to this little place on the side of the road. Inside, the kitchen was winding down but they had aisles and aisles of food.

We decided to keep it light and just get a couple of ice pops. The Luna pop flavor I chose was mango chili. It was really refreshing. Though it tasted mostly of mango, the chili crept up only a little bit at the end and lingered in my throat.

This was a nice little side trip. It was interesting to see how quaint the rest ofthe country is. I'm just a big city girl in a small town. I love it!

Saxapahaw General Store
1735 Saxapahaw-Bethlehem Church Road
Saxapahaw, NC 27340
(336) 376-5332
saxgenstore.com

Luna Pops
lunapops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment