Thursday, August 11, 2011

Schnipper's

I really, really enjoy Schnipper's. I keep going back because of the quality of food and the price. Not to mention they also offer a large seating area that's air conditioned. So people, stop waiting on line in the heat for Shake Shack and enjoy a great burger at Schnipper's. Don't get me wrong, I like Shake Shack fine but Schnipper's in totally underrated.

We started with the onion rings ($4). They came first actually and so we slowly munched on them while we waited for our burgers. The rings were quite large and fried crispy. Also, I was happy to find actual onion inside those battered rings.

We all had the Schnipper's Classic ($9) which included a special cheese blend, caramelized onions, bacon, arugula, and Schnipper's sauce. This was a really nice well balanced burger. Juicy beef patty, creamy cheese, crispy bacon, fresh greens, and a viscous sauce. Nice, real nice.
We also shared some Sloppy Fries ($7) which were fantastic. Why? The fries didn't get soft right away from the sloppy joe and cheese. In fact, they remained quite crispy more than halfway through. A fork was needed at the end but the beefy, cheesy topping was awesome.
Another great meal enjoyed at Schnipper's. I even turned some newbies into fans.

Schnipper's Quality Kitchen
620 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10018
(212) 921-2400
schnippers.com

5 comments:

  1. I love me some Schnipper's, and I do exactly what you said Hungry, see that there is a line out the door at Shake Shack and walk right on by to Schnipper's. Their regular cheese burger actually stands up to SS pretty well in my opinion too. So call me a convert. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The BLT and the Chicken Filet sandwich are pretty darned tasty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i personally think schnippers burgers are slightly undercooked, but i still enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @KC: I like undercooked burgers over overcooked burgers any day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like it was plenty busy when you went! I tried out Schnipper's and too before a movie over the weekend. Tasted great to us! We came out dsatisfied and happy without the long lines and the wait of closeby restaurants.

    ReplyDelete