Monday, September 26, 2011

AJ Maxwells

I recently bought an online coupon for lunch at AJ Maxwell's. I read on Midtown Lunch that the steak sandwich was not a bad option. In fact, it was a good option for lunch. Their pictures and write up certainly intrigued me. I mean a steak sandwich is pretty awesome for lunch.

So I went and picked up my order. When I got back to my cubicle, I was presented with this when I opened up the container. Yeah, it was a pretty sad looking sandwich. It seemed hastily prepared with overly charred bread, 4 small slices of lackluster steak, and mediocre shredded lettuce. Even the accompanying fries were blah as well. I thought maybe looks were deceiving. Well, that wasn't the case here. The steak sandwich tasted as it looked: sad. After finishing it, I felt unsatisfied and went out to look for something sweet to leave me happy.

I hope that their dinner isn't as bad as their lunch options. I would hate to pay top dollar for a meal like that. I won't be back for lunch.

AJ Maxwell's
57 West 48th Street
New York, NY 10020-1509
(212) 262-6200
ajmaxwells.com

2 comments:

  1. Ich! How can they even present that type of food, knowing full well what people have paid for it?! Excited for our Meatball Shop date!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the sandwich tastes pretty good (the steak is legit), but the portion definitely is lacking. the first time the deal was offered, cheese was also included, which helped, but the hostess now isn't so generous. never had the fries, but some of the soups of the day are decent, like the corn chowder. it's about fair value @ $6 from inbundles.

    ReplyDelete