Thursday, September 8, 2011

Nephew's 2nd Birthday Party

My nephew recently turned 2 years old. So since it was a hot summer day, my sister made it a kids pool party and bbq. Food was made in batches on the grill. Some of the first things that came off were the burgers, sausages, and bbq chicken (my contribution). There were also some grilled beef short ribs and fish & tofu squares.

I also wanted a roast suckling pig because I missed my niece's 1 month celebration during the day. So I made up for it later on in the month. It's always tradition to to get a whole piglet then chop it up later.

My dad had the job of chopping up the meat and it was delicious. The skin was thin and crispy while the meat was supple.
Here are the tofu and and fish squares on skewers. I really liked these. They have a softer texture than normal fish squares and the taste is really nice.
My sister also made a tomato, basil, and mozzarella cheese salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
A simple orzo pasta with onions, avocado, red bell peppers, and mushrooms.
These are Vietnamese flavored pork chops. These came out so late that I didn't get to try them at all.
And some delicious fish. Unfortunately these came out late as well. I only tried a small piece and it was delicious. But I was too full to eat any more.
The food at the bbq was really good. I'm thankful that Mr. M&P took the reins over the grill and cooked almost everything. Otherwise, I'm not sure if there would be enough cooked food to go around.

4 comments:

  1. FBM worthy party! Happy Bday to your nephew.

    The pig looks crispy and great. We should all chip in and get one for the next potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great party!

    @TT: I second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome party. LOTS of delicious foodz.

    Hope your nephew had a blast.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.