Thursday, September 15, 2011

Take Out: Uncle Mario's

Mr. M&P and I have been shopping around for a new place for Italiam American food for take out/delivery. So far we like Lazarra's for their non-pizza items and Hells Kitchen Pizza for their pies. But we want to know if there's anything better out there. Also, we haven't seen HKP open in quite a long while. What happened to them?! Anyway, we decided to try Uncle Mario's once day since we got their brochure in the mail.

I picked meatballs and spaghetti and it wasn't good. The meatballs tasted like filler. I didn't like the texture nor the flavor. The spaghetti was gummy and overcooked. The cheese on top had congealed and became clump.

Mr. M&P had penne with alfredo sauce. Again, not good. The sauce was really thin and pooled on the bottom.

Lastly, we also shared a chicken parmesan sandwich which was sad. The chicken was dry, the sauce mediocre, and the cheese clumpy again.
Maybe I'm expecting too much from these places but I grew up in a predominantly Italian neighborhood. I think I know what's good for take out standards. They're just cutting corners here. So much that I won't be ordering again.

Uncle Mario's
739 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10019
(212) 459-1234
unclemariosnyc.com

2 comments:

  1. Your food makes me sad. It looks yucky :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUMMER! I really love nizza, but they might not deliver...

    ReplyDelete