Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday Night: The Little Cheese Pub (CLOSED)

Towards the end of the last year, my friends thought that we weren't hanging out enough. It's true, we weren't. So they started Tuesday night get-togethers. Every Tuesday, we'll pick a bar to drink, eat, and hang out for a couple of hours. Whoever can make it will attend. If you're busy, it's okay. There's always next week. So this is Tuesday Nights on Tasty Eating where you will find bars that serve food and how we like them.

On this recent Tuesday Night, we headed out to: The Little Cheese Pub

I really enjoyed the Little Cheese Pub the last time I went. I read in the news that the neighboring restaurant close and they took over the space. So basically, the Little Cheese Pub doubled in size. Nice. The left has a counter to a bar and lots of stools while the right has a couple of communal tables and smaller intimate tables on the side.

I really wanted to go back to the Little Cheese Pub to actually eat some cheese. I didn't know that this would be my last visit since it has closed shortly after my visit. The owner had decided to close all his ventures in order to concentrate on a new investment. I was very sad to hear that but I wish him the best.

So for my unknowingly last meal, I ordered a few cheeses to share. I wanted to make sure to get a nice variety going from milk to pungent. From left to right, the cheeses are: Bucheron (France), Brie de Meaux (France), Bergkase (Austria), Meadow Creek Grayson (USA), and Valdeon Bleu (Spain). All 5 cheeses cost $20. I thought that this was a good since the slices of cheese was plenty for everyone.

We also got an order of the Dutch Kaas mac n cheese ($21 for 2 servings) to share. The aged gouda cheese was nice and much creamier than I thought it would be. The beer pretzel topping tasted just like bread crumbs which added a nice crunch on top of the dish. The pasta was cooked well and didn't suffer under all that cream and cheese.
On a whim, we also got the Sausage Platter ($12) which came with a bratwurst studded with Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, potato salad, and apple mustard. When we think platter, we think multiple sausages but this was just one serving. Nothing special really. I didn't really taste the cheese inside the sausage at all.
It's unfortunate that The Little Cheese Pub closed. I would have liked to have gone back over and over again.

The Little Cheese Pub (CLOSED)
362 W 23rd St
New York, NY 10011
(646) 863-7291
littlecheesepub.com

2 comments:

  1. OH NO!! I'd been meaning to try this place! This post makes me even more sad that I never did. So much cheesey goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It closed? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

    Passed by it a few times and was interested in trying too but didn't plan it soon enough it seems. Mac & Cheese looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.