Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday Nights: Citifield

Towards the end of the last year, my friends thought that we weren't hanging out enough. It's true, we weren't. So they started Tuesday night get-togethers. Every Tuesday, we'll pick a bar to drink, eat, and hang out for a couple of hours. Whoever can make it will attend. If you're busy, it's okay. There's always next week. So this is Tuesday Nights on Tasty Eating where you will find bars that serve food and how we like them.

On this recent Tuesday Night, we headed out to: Citifield
I can't go to one ballpark and then not go to the other, right? Besides, I've been adopted into a Mets family. So yeah, rooting for the Amazins! And collecting an Ike Davis bobblehead doll. Too bad he wasn't playing due to an injury that's kept him out for pretty much the whole season. Booo....

Enough complaining. More happy stuff. These were my seats for the game. Nice view! I like to be able to see the entire field and watch all the players run around and do their thing.
During one of the slower innings, I got up to grab some food to eat. I definitely wanted something hearty but the line for Mama's of Corona was really long. So Mr. M&P stood on line for us while I walked over to the Box Frites stand for some garlic parmesan fries ($10). Yeah, that's a lot for fries but these were really good. I was sure to catch each and every morsel of cheese and garlic. I ate most of these on line for the sandwich which was probably a good idea. Since I opened the container right away, the fries didn't get soggy from its own steam. Score to being impatient and hungry!
And here's the Mama's of Corona Italian Special sandwich ($10). This was a much better deal than the fries. I got a lot more food and kept me full for longer. I forgot what was in it but obviously there was salami and mozzarella. The one downside, which was completely my fault, was the moistness or lack of. Mr. M&P asked if I wanted oil & vinegar or any condiments on it. I declined and ate a dry sandwich. I should have went with my instincts. Next time, don't be lazy.
And lastly, a big bag of Cracker Jack ($5). I must have a bag of this traditional ballpark treat every time I watch sports live. If you refuse me, you will not hear the end of it. Hahahah! I love popcorn. Caramel covered popcorn? Even better.
I really enjoyed the game with my friends. The stadium is really beautiful and definitely worth going for a look.

Thanks to Feisty Foodie for her food recommendations at Citifield. If you're curious to see what else that have to offer, please take a look at her website, here.

Citifield
Mets-Willets Point
Queens, NY
newyork.mets.mlb.com

2 comments:

  1. no shake shack? haha

    (yes I am a Yankee fan jealous of the food options at Citi Field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Yeah the peppers/mushrooms really make that sandwich pop. Dave doesn't eat mushrooms so I usually give him all the red peppers in exchange but when I get my own sandwich, the mixture of both really makes everything sing. Haha, sorry, I forgot to tell you that.

    They also have a kettle corn stand! And I'm glad to hear the line for Mama's was long, I never see a line, always worried they'll close from lack of customers.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.