Thursday, October 13, 2011

Luke's Lobster Truck (Nauti)

On one of the last few days of summer before Hurricane Irene came and closed off the warm season this year, I wanted to splurge on lunch with Luke's Lobster. Keeping my daily meals affordable has allowed me to have lavish dinners. But once in a while I want something special. What's more special than some delicious lobster? Which is one of my favorite things to eat. I arrived on a very warm sunny day and the line was long already. Luckily it moved very quickly. When you do all of the cooking upfront, lunch lines moves very quickly.

I definitely got a lobster roll ($16). The large pieces of crustacean lightly seasoned and dressed and placed in a warm buttery split top hog dog bun was divine. I mean look at those pieces. Whole claws. Large chunks of tail meat. So incredibly good. And little or no mayo at all. That's just the way I like it. That's they way I ate it on my trip in Maine. Delicious sweet meat shined through.

But one lobster roll wasn't enough to fulfill my hunger. I wanted to get the crab roll ($10) and shrimp roll ($8) as well. Unfortunately, they sold out of the shrimp roll as I stood in line. Well, it was fortunate for my wallet though. I was still happy to get a crab roll though. The sweet succulent pieces of crab was so good. Again, lightly seasoned and dressed and stuffed into a buttered bun. Lots of meat overflowing and ready to be eaten. Really good.
Spending $26 on lunch is pretty pricey for me but it was definitely worth it. The meat is so fresh and delicious. Luke's lobster truck is completely splurge worthy and it will be a repeat lunch for me. Just not too often.

Luke's Lobster Truck (Nauti)
Various Locations
Original Storefront:
93 East 7th Street
New York, NY 10009-5730
(212) 387-8487
lukeslobster.com

1 comment:

  1. two rolls for lunch? NICE!

    i think i would have a butter heart attack if i did that. so tasty though.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.