Sunday, October 9, 2011

Take Out: Big Wong

On this Big Wong's trip, we decided to do take out. I was in charge of ordering and decided to get extra food for later in the day. There was Beef Ho Fun (Mr. M&P's favorite), roast pork, and a whole soy sauce chicken. As usual, this much be eaten with rice (except for the noodles). It helps balance out the saltiness of the food.

For myself, I had the special congee ($3) which is ground beef, squid, and pork. It's topped with ginger, peanuts, and scallions. Oh, this reminded me of my childhood so much. This rice based porridge was so good. The base was well seasoned (probably from the chicken stock they use) which the beef, pork, and squid floated around as little nuggets of surprises for me to eat. I really love this congee.

Big Wong's is my staple chicken restaurant/cafe. You won't find special dishes nor excellent service. It's a hole in the wall place that is trying to flip tables as quick as possible. The food is fast as well as the service. But I love it.

Big Wong
67 Mott St # A
New York, NY 10013-4838
(212) 964-0540

1 comment:

  1. It's been a while since I had tang zai juk or pei dan sau yuk juk.
    Must get congee again sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.