Saturday, October 15, 2011

Take Out: Fat Sal's Pizza

Our quest to find the best pizza in the neighborhood has been daunting. We've been happy with one only to have it close down. The next best one is too pricey. Ordering pie after pie has been tiring and I may have to retire to the pizza stone for every single pizza craving. But we're willing to try places whenever we stumble upon them. Fat Sal's sent some brochures to our building recently. We figured to give it a try.

But before I get to the pizza, we also ordered an appetizer of fried calamari. I will say this right now, this is the worst fried calamari I have ever had. Saying that the texture was really chewy would be putting it nice. It was closer to shoe leather. I couldn't pulverize it with the grinding of my teeth. I had to spit it out. What's worse is that it was extremely fishy. I mean extremely. I smelled it right away but tasted a piece anyway. That piece was horrid. I was completely afraid of being food poisoned after that piece of so called squid (yes, even though I spit it out). We threw it in the garbage where it belonged.

Thankfully, though, the pizza wasn't as bad. But it wasn't good either. The toppings, the flavor, the crust just everything wasn't good. I didn't like it. I finished one slice and called it quits. I couldn't take anymore. But at least it cleaned the taste of bad calamari from my mouth.
Oh and here's a pic of the upskirt. Some browning which is nice.
Sigh, another bad choice. Fat Sal's really surprised me by how bad the fried calamari tasted. The pizza was edible. I'll say that.

Fat Sal's Pizza
730 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10019
(212) 541-6900
fatsals.com

2 comments:

  1. Yea doesn't look good at all.. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My office used to order this pizza all the time. It goes from "not very good" to "utterly depressing" if you continue eating!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.