Sunday, December 18, 2011

Brindle Room

A while ago, the Feisty Foodie and I went on a date. We both wanted to do something cheap yet still delicious. I mentioned Brindle Room even though she has been there before. I've been hearing a lot about the burger and wanted to scope it out. She happily agreed and off we went.

We arrived to a small restaurant that was hardly filled. No biggie to us. We planned on sitting and chatting for awhile. While looking at the menu, we decided to split an appetizer and each get burgers. But that all changed when the waitress told us about the specials of the day. One that definitely piqued our interest was the fried chicken. But neither one of us wanted to forgo the burger either. So what's the next best things? Order the fried chicken entree (~$15) as an appetizer! Oh yes we did.

The chicken was freshly fried and delicious! The crust was so crisp and crunchy. I drooled as I bit into a piece of dark meat which was very juicy. Thank you Brindle Room for serving us the better cuts of chicken. Under the superbly fried chicken and a mound of mashed potatoes that were divine as well. Creamy, smooth, and well seasoned. On the side is some honey which I opted not to try. I like my fried chicken just the way it is.

I had the Steakhouse Burger ($12) as my entree which came with cheddar cheese, caramelized onions, and a side of fries. The plate was really huge and overflowing with the fried spuds which I hardly touched. I had a lot of burger to eat after that fried chicken and potatoes.
I bit into the burger and was happily greeted with juices and fat. The burger was cooked to my liking, medium rare. I continued to eat it without ketchup which means a lot to me. If I don't add ketchup, then it means it is a perfectly seasoned beef patty with so much flavor on its own. I was really happy with it. However, I would like to go back and just have the burger. I was getting pretty full halfway through because the appetizer was so filling. I just want to see if I would like it any better.
The Feisty Foodie was smart enough to sub in the kale salad for the fries. It was lightly dressed and really refreshing. If I had done this as well, my stomach would have been much happier with me. It complemented the fatty burger really well. Next time.
Brindle Room definitely lived up to all the praises I have heard about it. Delicious, simple food that's executed well. I would absolutely go back without hesitation. Oh, and I just have to try those doughnuts for dessert as well.

Brindle Room
277 East 10th Street
New York, NY 10009-4825
(212) 529-9702
brindleroom.com

5 comments:

  1. Yum! Damn this makes me want a burger right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just went with CT on Friday for lunch.

    pretty good burger, but not too special.

    fries were great though.

    such a tiny place, it must be terrible when every table is taken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What day of the week was this? I'd be really keen on trying both the burger and fried chicken in one shot, and perhaps the specials show up regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go back for the burger again but also do the fried chicken. Kale salad is definitely a good side to go with, especially if duck poutine is already being scarfed down.

    All donut zundae belong to me.

    ReplyDelete