Thursday, December 15, 2011

HB Burger

A while ago, my friends and I went to lunch together. I'm always on the lookout for new burger places and I haven't tried HB Burger even though I've heard good things about it. So we finally went to my happiness. It was pretty crowded that day but they have a whole seating section downstairs as well. We didn't have to wait at all.

We didn't need to take long to figure out what we wanted to order. My friend had the Cajun Crab Cake burger ($14) which came with a pickle spear and fries. He seemed to enjoy it though he did mention that it wasn't impressive. It satisfied him just fine but he wouldn't rave about it either.

I had the HB burger ($8) which cheddar (+$1.25) and sauteed onions (free). I ordered it medium rare and it came out just the way I ordered it. The meat was juicy and fatty. Grease and meat juices ran down onto the plate. It was delicious. It did need some ketchup but sparingly. There was enough flavor from the beef and the seasonings. I would absolutely order this again.
Since my burger didn't come with a side, I ordered the Tator Tots ($4.50) which came with bacon and jalapeno jack cheese. These didn't look like any tator tots that I normally would recognize. But they were fantastic. Instead of small potatoes pieces, it was shredded spuds mixed with shredded cheese and bacon. Then deep fried into a delicious golden brown crisp. So good! A bowl of these plus a beer would do really well in my home. Or anyone's home for that matter.
I really enjoyed HB Burger. They definitely impressed me with their tasty food and good service. This would be a good place to bring a large group or do a casual business lunch.

HB Burger
127 W 43rd St # 2
New York, NY 10036-6565
(212) 575-5848
heartlandbrewery.com

5 comments:

  1. Must put those HB Burger tots in my belly!
    I've had the Heartland Brewery bacon tater tots and they do not look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tots look so weird but I would totally nom those babies down in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shredded potatoes, shredded cheese, and bacon? Deep fried? I think I know what I'm doing Sunday afternoon (assuming I can get out of bed).

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Witzel: It's the uber non kosher latke!

    ReplyDelete