Thursday, March 1, 2012

La Maison du Chocolat

Mr. M&P surprised me with some treats one day. And they were from La Maison du Chocolat, my favorite chocolate store in NYC. I usually get a box of truffles but he surprised me with some new items this time. First, a coffee/espresso eclair. Ooh la la!

Baked fresh and beautiful. They have a box for each of their treats so that nothing gets messed up during transport.
I take one bite and I'm in heaven. The pate a choux pastry was just perfect. Light but a slight crunch on the outside but soft and pillowly inside. The eclair was generously filled with coffee cream. Each bite gave me both delicious pastry and filling. So good. The flavor of the coffee was pronounced but not overpowering.
Another treat were macarons. I'm not a big macaron afficionado so I can't really tell the difference from a really good one to a mediocre one. However, I did appreciate that he picked a chocolate and a meyer lemon flavor for me. I love lemon flavored desserts.
I bit into each and thought it was okay. The shells were crispy and light while the filling was thick and denser. The flavors were light but pronounced. They tasted fine to me. But again, I can't tell what is good and what is not. I'm just not a macaron kind of person.
La Maison du Chocolat still remains my absolute favorite place for chocolate and truffles. Sure, I go around to different stores for individual treats. But for chocolate, this is the place for me.

La Maison du Chocolat
51 W 49th St
New York, 10020
(212) 265-9404
lamaisonduchocolat.com‎

4 comments:

  1. That eclair looks pretty ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky girl!!
    Ditto to FF - that eclair looks fantastic! The macarons too, but they aren't usually my first pick in a sweets shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a CHOCOLATE injection.
    The macarons filling looks delicious.

    FAIL. I watched a friend eat chocolate sorbet at a Paris store of theirs. I don't attack fancy chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the sheen on that macaron!

    ReplyDelete