Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ramen Kuboya

Okay, so clearly I was trying to use up a bunch of coupons that I have purchased. I have definitely slowed down on buying them. I just don't like feeling pressured to use them before they expire. Anyway, one of the last coupons I have was to Ramen Kuboya. I like ramen so why not try a new place? With TC in tow, we went and tried it out. He's my coupon partner in crime.
The night was actually kind of cold which was perfect for ramen eating actually. We arrived to a semi-sparse dining room. There seemed to be more people next door at Minca. Eh, I'm there to judge for myself. TC ordered the Kubo-Chan Spicy Miso Ramen ($12). He didn't think it was spicy at all. And it certainly didn't look spicy to me. I didn't try it though.
I had my own ramen to eat. I ordered the Kubo-Chan Shoyu Ramen ($11) which came with a half boiled egg, chasu, and menma (bamboo shoots). I thought it was just okay. The broth wasn't very impressive and the quality of the ingredients were just mediocre. I wasn't thrilled with it and it didn't make me want to continue eating. I didn't finish my broth if that's any indication of quality.
Overall, I thought Ramen Kuboya was just okay. The noodles and the broth were just mediocre. I don't think I would seek out to have ramen here again. It just didn't do it for me.

Ramen Kuboya
536 E 5th Street
New York, NY 10009
(212) 777-7010
kuboyanyc.com

2 comments:

  1. I helped someone use their deal too, haha. Had the shio and actually enjoyed it a lot... wonder if the different broth types are that different though or if you and I just have different taste in ramen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for sharing the deal, H.
    The ramen wasn't too spicy. Broth and noodles were just okay for me. Good belly-filling puposes but not wow, I gotta eat it again.

    I was curious about the place next door, Minca. Might have to go back to try them but no need to go out of the way for Kuboya since there are plenty of options elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete