Friday, May 4, 2012

Googa Mooga Contest

If you haven't already heard of it, Googa Mooga is one of the biggest food/drink festivals this summer in NYC. It's all happening over one weekend. Thing is, you have to be registered for their free tickets. When the lines opened up, many computers crashed or timed out leaving potential patrons aggravated and frustrated. However, the lucky few that got through signed up for guaranteed tickets. I unfortunately didn't get any tickets right away. Instead, I was placed on a wait list. A few weeks later, I was presented with an opportunity to sign up for a ticket. Yay!! But only one ticket. It's okay, I knew other people who were going. A few weeks later, they offered me another ticket. Wow! This is amazing! Now I have 2 tickets for myself and a friend. And then the bad news. My niece's birthday party is the same weekend. Being her one and only wonderful aunt, I'll be busy in the kitchen baking her very first birthday cake and prepping other goodies. So the Great Googa Mooga event would definitely be out for me.

But what is my loss is your gain! The wonderful people working at Googa Mooga granted me access to offer these to you: my readers! Of course, they are absolutely free. And they'll be transferred to your name. All you have to do is go onto the Googa Mooga website and tell me in the comments what you are most excited to eat. I will randomly pick one winner for both tickets on Friday, May 11th at 5pm.

Details:
2 (two) general admission tickets to the Great Googa Mooga festival
Saturday, May 19th 2012 only
11am-9pm
Brooklyn's Prospect Park
googamooga.com

33 comments:

  1. So many good things on that food lineup, but I am MOST excited to try Porchetta! I live near the place but have yet to try their famous pork sandwich. It looks porky and salty and delicious.

    For dessert, I am most excited to try Big Gay Ice Cream Truck. Hope they're serving Salty Pimps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spotted Pig...or Hill Country...Burger Joint...or Porchetta!

    I want it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a serious fan of Hill Country (especially their chicken) and Spotted Pig, but I am looking forward to Blue Ribbon the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red Rooster Harlem and Do or Dine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine SumnerMay 4, 2012 at 5:38 PM

    M. Wells! I never made the trip to Queens while the restaurant was open.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to go to Hamageddon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love try the offerings by Eddie Huang and am super interested in the wines that will be available to try. The chance to meet the chefs and talk about their food is what I would love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to trying DBGB and Meat Hook

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me it's Num Pang Sandwich Shop and Saxelby Cheesemongers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. M.Wells! Didn't make it out there before they closed and have been kicking myself ever since. Now I might be able to stop doing that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica! You're the winner. Please email me at tastyeating@gmail.com with your name so that I may transfer the tickets to you.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  11. I'm a fresh college graduate from the Philippines and am going on vacation in the US next week for a month. I've been following Eddie Huang and BaoHaus for quite some time and have been really excited about trying it out in New York. And then I hear about this Googa Mooga thing which is perfect because I'll be in New York May 16-21, what are the chances? I just know those general admission tickets would make me so happy! I've never had/tried BaoHaus before so I know this would be a great way to taste it

    ReplyDelete
  12. M Wells. I miss those guys.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry you're not able to go. I would've saw you Saturday! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  14. DuMont Burger all the way!!!! Hoping to win to bring my little sister and brother!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Craft and colicchio & songs for sure... and good drinks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously... I want to know what the big gay ice cream is all about lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Most excited to eat: Spotted Pig, Lobster Place, Hill Country Market and for dessert: Big Gay Ice Cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It'll be lobster place, m. wells, and big gay ice cream again. I will even make claw shapes with my hands to grab the delicious eats. nyom nyom nyom, foodz.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really want some Luke's Lobster and big gay ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to go to this event and I would love to try Dumont Burger, the Lobster Place, and South Brooklyn Pizza. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cooking with Coolio, ALLLLL the Way.
    At first I was like, he's crazy when I heard his ideas on Celebrity Chef w/ Rachel & Guy. But he later became my favorite & the crowd always praised his amazing dishes. So I'm curious! Hopefully I Win.

    ReplyDelete
  22. La Newyorkina paletas. Let's start this summer off right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a Southern transplant and May kicks off hardcore BBQ season, so I have to try Dinosaur Bar-B-Que. Can it measure up to Memphis? Maybe not, but with BaoHaus, Craft, and Big Gay Ice Cream on the menu, I don't think I'll be too disappointed...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Most looking forward to M. Wells! Miss that indulgent caesar salad w/ smoked herring, escargot w/ bone marrow, and maple pie. Hoping they bring back some classics, or at least give us a sneak peak into what they'll be serving when they make their return to L.I.C. Fingers crossed for the GoogaMooga tix!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'll be visiting from the south and would LOVE to try The Spotted Pig and lobster place!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would love to try out Calexico! Heard many a great deal of talk on their Cal-Mex!

    ReplyDelete
  27. definitely would love to try big gay ice cream since ive heard nothing but excellent things about it! anddd also some rice balls from arancini bros since when i went to italy that was my favorite dish!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm dying to try Big Gay Ice Cream, and really, everything else. I have a friend in town (her first time in NYC) and figured it would be the perfect opportunity for her to sample NYC eats.

    ReplyDelete
  29. do u still have your tickets? i'm willing to pay for 2 of your tickets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Paulie: Sorry, they've already been awarded to the winner of the contest. Thank you!

      Delete