Friday, October 12, 2012

My Trip to Melbourne, Australia (Day 5): Queen Victoria Market

The next morning, we headed back to Queen Victoria Market to scout out some last minute gifts when we spotted this doozy: American Doughnut Kitchen. Fresh doughnuts?! Yes please!

The truck was just setting up and final proofing the dough so we had to wait a bit first. No problem. I went to look for more gifts and rounded back for these fried doughs of wonder. Unfortunately, I had a plane to catch and couldn't buy the half dozen that I really wanted. When I just ordered just 1 for $1, the guy was surprised since I made such an effort to find out when they opened and stayed around for the first doughnuts to come out.
These jelly filled doughnuts were perfect. Freshly fried, light airy dough filled with sweet berry jelly and coated in sugar. Still warm, I ate this all too quickly and immediately regretted my decision to buy only one. Next time, trust my gut.

Queen Victoria Market
513 Elizabeth Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Australia
+03 9320 5822
qvm.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.