Thursday, January 17, 2013

LT Burger

Whenever there's a new burger place near me, I have to check it out. When I heard that LT Burger opened up near Bryant Park, I looked forward to it. I had enjoyed BLT Burger in the past and was hoping to make a return visit. This just made it easier on me.
We arrived on a cold night during the holidays. The city was packed with tourists. It was basically mobbed. We walked a bit and found it much more manageable near Bryant Park. Sure people were lined up to ice skate but if you avoided that direct area then it was fine. When we arrived at the restaurant, there was a line but a short wait. About 15 minutes later we sat at the tiniest table in the corner. This really was a one top table. Things kept falling and the plates wouldn't fully fit. In hindsight, we should have asked for a bigger table. At least the meal was going to be quick due to the nature of the food.
Our waitress was friendly and described the menu to us. I settled on the simple Cheeseburger ($10) with American cheese, tomato, onion, and pickles. Mr. M&P had the LT Backyard ($12) with bacon, cheddar, and LT sauce (a mayo and ketchup blend).
I ordered my burger medium while he chose medium rare. His definitely looked cooked to order (pictured below) while my own was medium well. A bit over what I prefer but still edible. Luckily, the meat was well seasoned and still somewhat juicy. The bun looked big but it was very soft. It squished down nicely as I grabbed it and shoved it into my mouth. Mmm, I really love cheeseburgers. As a garnish, there was a pickle spear on the side. These were like new pickles with a good crunch and not too sour at all. Really refreshing.
Since the burgers came stand alone without any sides (unless you count the pickle spear), we ordered from fried goodness to clog our hearts even more. Fries are a must ($3.75) and onion rings are generally ordered too ($5). The fries were thin and well executed. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. And well seasoned. Got to have enough salt on fries to make them good. The onion rings were not as good. The batter was too thick. I was eating more fried batter than I was onion. I didn't enjoy that. And as a last minute addition, I also ordered the fried pickles ($6) with smoked buttermilk ranch dressing (pictured below). When they first arrived to the table, I was disappointed by the look. They seemed over battered. One bite and I was proven wrong. They were delicate and the batter was light. The briny pickle flavor was strong and the crunch of the pickles was still there. This was a very good fried pickle. The creaminess of the sauce actually paired really well with the sour tang of the pickles. I would definitely order this again.
I enjoyed LT Burger and would go back again. I certainly wouldn't say it's the best in the area. I still enjoy Five Guys and Shake Shack better. But if you want something nicer, waiter service, and guaranteed seating then LT Burger is worth it. Just try not to get sat at a one top table.

LT Burger
8 W 40th Street
New York, NY 10018
(212) 582-8200
ltburger.com


4 comments:

  1. better review than expected.

    will have to check this place out.

    sucks about the table though. i hate when restaurants just try to pack in as many tables as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where the address is...I worked on that block...but is it in a building somewhere?

    Side note: FRICKLES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The front door is pretty straight forward and faces the street with a large sign outside.

      Delete
  3. MmmMmm Burger!! Will have to check out sometime.

    I should've went here instead of Schnipper's on new year's day...if they were open.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.