Monday, May 13, 2013

Brisket Town

I had a fairly good experience with Brisket Lab so when they opened a brick and mortar location, I jumped at the chance to eat more brisket made by Daniel Delaney. So off I went to Williamsburg, Brooklyn to meet up with Beer Boor, ChiefHDB, and DegustAsian. At this time, Brisket Town was still BYOB so we bought some beers nearby and enjoyed our meal with a few cold ones thanks to ChiefHDB.



I shared my tray of the loot with Beer Boor. Along with the 1/2 pound of fatty brisket, we also got ribs, cole slaw, mac and cheese and the requisite pickles and onions. A pile of white bread was par for the course.
Overall, I thought the brisket was just okay. In fact, I thought the quality was better at the lab. The ribs were also not very good. They were dry and didn't have much flavor. Smoking brisket is different from smoking ribs so you can't easily be an expert in both. It takes a lot of trial and error. And sometimes you can't even master that. The sides were very good though. It helped cut through the fat of the meats.

I still have another 1/2 pound of brisket left to claim. I'm looking forward to the redemption as I truly think it was just an off night.

Brisket Town
359 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11211
(718) 701-8909
delaneybbq.com/briskettown

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you: the sides were really, really good, at least, and the meat, while average for the city, wasn't by any means bad. It just lacked enough moistness, and the smoke wasn't particularly evident. It retained a lot of flavor and whatever their rub consisted of, it came through.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.