Friday, May 10, 2013

Chikalicious Dessert Bar

Chikalicious Dessert Bar is a great dessert place to go to if you want to class it up a bit. It's a place where you sit down and enjoy dessert and only dessert. I started off my meal with a delicious cup of coffee (~$4). I love that they have such nice cups and saucers. Makes me feel fancy.



As for the actual desserts, I think their $16 prix fixe course is a steal, but we opted to just get individual desserts this night. This I think is frozen yogurt over a fruit based gelee.
I had the warm berry tart with vanilla ice cream. A really nice take on the classic pie. I enjoyed this immensely.
The cheese of the day platter seemed slightly off balance with the amount of cheese served. Personally, this was the weakest of all the desserts.
To finish off the dessert meal (and if we haven't had enough sugar) some mignardises: coconut marshmallows, chocolate truffles, and...I really can't remember the last one.
Sometimes it's nice to treat dessert like you would with dinner by taking the time to slowly enjoy it as a tasting. Too often, I finish my savory meal and dessert is an afterthought. Here, it is clearly the star.

If you don't have time to sit down to enjoy some desserts, the Chikalicious Dessert Club is just across the street where you can pick something up along the way home.

Chikalicious Dessert Bar
203 E 10th St
New York, NY 10009
(212) 995-9511
chikalicious.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.