Monday, May 6, 2013

De Lorenzo's Tomato Pies

There are so many pizza places in NJ that it's hard to decipher which is actually good. Most recommendations come from word of mouth. So when De Lorenzo's opened up in Robbinsville, NJ with decent reviews, I was curious to try it out.

We started with their Antipasti ($12) with mixed meat, cheese, pickled vegetables, and pretzels. Not a bad way to start off the meal. I particularly enjoyed the roasted peppers.
Their menu is short and simple with just 2 sizes and some toppings to choose from. Here we have a large pie ($15) half plain and the other half with anchovies (+$1). I love me some anchovies but these were a bit too fishy for me.  They didn't pair well with the pizza but it was an experiment on my part. Luckily, one other person was willing to eat it with me.
The other large pie had pepperoni and mushrooms (+$1 each topping). A good scattering of both meat and fungi. I wish they used a bit more cheese on their pizzas. The sauce seemed to overpower it a bit.
The crust, however, was excellent. Thin, crispy, and crunchy. A deep dark black on the edges but a nice tan in the middle.
Overall, I enjoyed my meal at De Lorenzo's. The service was friendly and the pizza fine. I especially liked the crust. I want to go back and try a few more different toppings but so far so food.

De Lorenzo's Tomato Pie
2350 New Jersey 33 #105
Robbinsville, NJ 08691
(609) 341-8480
delorenzostomatopies.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.