Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pho Mekong

With a recommedation from the Feisty Foodie and CheeeeEEEEse, I went to Pho Mekong in search of delicious Vietnamese food. My craving for pho far surpassed the warm weather we were having. Yes, I even walked from main street Flushing and back in search for food.

To start, Mr. M&P and I shared the shrimp summer rolls ($4). This was a decent version with large shrimp, greens, noodles, and a peanut dipping sauce. The wrapping was not chewy (meaning it hasn't been sitting around) and the filling inside was light and refreshing.
 For my main dish, I had the large beef noodle soup (pho - $7) that came with slices of brisket, flank, tripe, and other mysterious pieces. The broth was light but had a nice beef flavor to it. The noodles were al dente and chewy. The quality of the meat was okay. Overall, I enjoyed it.
Mr. M&P went for the cubed beef over rice ($6) which he immensely enjoyed. Chunks of beef in a soy sauce based sauce over a large plate of rice. He gobbled it down happily.
Overall, I enjoyed my meal at Pho Mekong. It left me happy and with my belly full. Let's just say that the walk back to the train station was actually enjoyable after all that food.

Pho Mekong
156-32 Northern Boulevard
Flushing, NY 11354
(718) 886-2070

1 comment:

  1. w00t! Glad you liked it. I seriously go here 1-2x a week, give or take. Must try the chicken pho next time - it's so different from stuff I get elsewhere. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.