Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday Nights: El Cantinero

Towards the end of  one year, my friends thought that we weren't hanging out enough. It's true, we weren't. So they started Tuesday night get-togethers. Every Tuesday, we'll pick a bar to drink, eat, and hang out for a couple of hours. Whoever can make it will attend. If you're busy, it's okay. There's always next week. So this is Tuesday Nights on Tasty Eating where you will find bars that serve food and how we like them.

On this recent Tuesday Night, we headed out to: El Cantinero
I haven't had a Tuesday Night get together in awhile. Life gets in the way and I miss out on fun time. But when we finally did meet up, the weather was fine. So we sat outdoors at El Cantinero for Tex Mex food and sangria. We noshed on the free salsa and chips on the table while we looked over the menu. The options were plentiful but I picked the Steak Fajitas ($19) which came with a sizzling plate of sliced skirt steak and vegetables.

On the side was my guacamole, onion, sour cream, and warm tortillas.
And if that wasn't enough a plate of seasoned rice came to my side as well. Actually, now that I review the menu again, I'm missing my cup of pinto bean soup. Not that I needed it but it is part of the meal, no?
This was more than enough food for one person. I ended up only making one fajita as is and eating the rest of the food without the tortilla. As for the taste, it was okay. It met every one of my expectations. The steak was not dry and well seasoned and the vegetables were mediocre. The garnishes and side plates were also just okay.

Overall, I was satisfied with my meal at El Cantinero because it gave me everything that I wanted that night. And probably even more because I couldn't finish everything. If you're looking for a quick Tex Mex meal, this is the place. Be wary for the neighborhood college kids though.

El Cantinero
86 University Place
New York, NY 10003
(212) 255-9378
elcantineronyc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.