Thursday, August 1, 2013

Xi'an Famous Foods (Midtown Location)

When Xi'an Famous Foods announced that they will be opening a Midtown location, I was really joyous. They're known for their quick but delicious and spicy food. Generous portions is a given and prices are reasonable. So when I showed up soon after their grand opening one day at 12 noon, I wasn't shocked that the line was extremely long already. But I patiently waited until it was my turn to order.
I chose the Concubine's Chicken Hand Pulled Noodle ($6) with a side of Spicy Cucumber Salad ($4.50).

And the food met every one of my expectations. Even as takeout it was superb. Chewy noodles, yet soft. Juicy pieces of chicken thighs (bone in) in a light soy and chili oil sauce. Really filling. The cucumbers were crunchy and fresh. I detected soy sauce, sesame oil, and chili. The savory and spicy flavors paired well to the naturally bland but refreshing cucumber.
Honestly, this was too much food for me. But it was cheap, I couldn't help myself. I'm really interested in trying the dumplings next time. No doubt, I will go again and again.

Xi'an Famous Foods
24 West 45th Street
New York, NY 10036
(212) 786-2068
xianfoods.com‎

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.