Sometimes when friends come to visit and stay over, I cook for them. Many times they prefer a night in to relax and chill. So I decided to make a pasta dish that screamed of summer. You know with corn and crab.
Here are the ingredients all prepped and ready to be cooked. Fresh corn kernels, crab meat, basil, jalapenos, and toasted panko bread crumbs.
Spicy Crab and Corn Rigatoni
Makes 8 Servings
1-16oz can of whole, peeled San Marzano tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb box of rigatoni
1 lb of crab meat
2 ears of corns, kernels removed
2 jalapenos, chopped
1 bunch of basil, julienned
1 cup of panko bread crumbs
1. Bring large pot of water to boil. Add salt.
2. Toast bread crumbs in oil until browned nicely. Cool and set aside.
3. Saute garlic in oil. Add can of tomatoes and break up tomato pieces. Bring to boil and let simmer 15 minutes.
4. While sauce is simmering, add pasta to pot of salted boiling water. Cook until slightly under al dente, usually about 3 minutes less than the directions of the package.
5. Add jalapenos and corn to sauce. Stir gently. When pasta is cooked, drain and add to sauce. Toss lightly making sure everything is well mixed. Add crab meat and toss lightly again. Continue cooking until crab meat is warmed through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat then add basil.
6. Serve immediately with a handful of breadcrumbs on top per serving.