Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Denville Seafood

Denville Seafood is the type of place that you don't have to wait for a special occasion in order to visit. Sure seafood can be expensive at times but Denville Seafood is very reasonable. And they also have a fish market up front. You can eat and do your shopping at the same time. It's pretty awesome actually.

Mr. M&P and I started with a dozen oysters on the half shell to share ($18). Sweet, briny, and plump oysters. We slurped these down happily with a squeeze of lemon.
For my main dish, I had the broiled sea scallops ($12) with a side of onion rings. Plump scallops cooked but still tender and juicy. I enjoyed them. The onion rings are crunchy and you can actually detect the onion in it. That I like. The garnish of cole slaw is always lost on me though.
Mr. M&P had the baked lemon sole stuffed with crab meat ($13) with fries as his side. The fish was cooked nicely remaining tender and juicy with a very flavorful crab stuffing inside. His dish was definitely more filling. The fries were a bit meh. Nothing great nor sad there. Just not memorable.
I've always enjoyed Denville Seafood. They serve quality food with friendly service. No wonder I keep going back.

Denville Seafood
61 Broadway
Denville, NJ 07834
(973) 627-2987
denvilleseafood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.