Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Grill On Wheels

I love trying out new food trucks in the area especially when it's spontaneous. On this warm summer day, I fully expected to buy a lobster roll but the line was already 30 people deep. That I wasn't waiting for. Instead, I saw a couple of new food trucks lined up along the rest of the street. One of the trucks was Grill on Wheels, the only kosher food truck rolling the streets. The line was short and the menu looked decent. Sold.

After looking over the menu, I decided to get the Crazy Chicken Sandwich ($10.50) with chicken breast, onions, green and red peppers, tomatoes, hummus, hot sauce, and french fries on a hero roll.
The sandwich was pretty big and stuffed nicely with meat and vegetables. The chicken was tender and not dry at all. Everything was covered in a brown sauce that was sweet and slightly spicy. The fries were a bit soft but since it was part of the sandwich as opposed to being on their own, I didn't mind too much. Overall, I enjoyed the sandwich. The amount of meat to vegetables to bread was good. Everything was hot off the grill and cooked well. The bread held up to the very last bite and I was very full at the end.
Was this a mind blowing sandwich? No but it was decent and satisfying. The service was friendly and that's good enough for me to make a return trip. I'm really interested to see what their hamburger and schawarma tastes like.

Grill On Wheels
grillonwheelsnyc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.