Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Doughnuttery

After Hybird, Dessert Zombie and I wanted doughnuts. So we hit up Doughnuttery for some freshly made fried pieces of dough. They have a little machine churning out dough and frying it automatically. Unfortunately, the flaw is that the freshly fried doughnuts go unattended to when there are no customers waiting. They become cold and basically old.

Thus was the case for Dessert Zombie and myself. We walked up, ordered our 2 flavors: speckled strawberry, and cacaoboy. The worker takes the now cold doughnuts and shakes them up in a flavored sugar.
That was the antithesis of an exciting doughnut to me. Not fresh, and just sugar coated. Darn, why didn't I do some research first? But it's all about the taste right? So we sat back down with a reluctant Mr. M&P and tasted them. Just as we expected. Not exciting. Not really good actually. In fact, I think we would have preferred Dunkin Donuts or Entenmenn's. Sad face. I don't need to say it but I will. I won't be going back.

Doughnuttery
Chelsea Market
425 W 15th Street
New York, NY 10011
(212) 633-4359
doughnuttery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.