Monday, October 14, 2013

Maison Kayser (Flatiron)

Boulanger Eric Kayser opened up a second location of his Maison Kayser Bakery and Cafe in NYC. This time, it's in the Flatiron district. I was satisfied with the Upper East Side location but this one was much more convenient for me. So Mr. M&P and I stopped in one day for brunch and some baked goods to enjoy later in the day.
He had an Americana type dish with sliced ham, sunny side up eggs, and sliced bread on the side. He loved it as expected and gobbled it all up.

I had another tartine but this time with smoked salmon, red onions, capers, creme fraiche, and a fried up on top. It was perfect for what I wanted. Light yet hearty. The smoked salmon was sliced thinly which aided in the cutting of the tartine into sizes that would be easily shoved into my mouth.
Overall, I enjoyed my meal at Maison Kayser. However, the service was a bit lackluster again. Is this a common theme? Our waiter was nice but forgot our shared baguette with butter and jam. When we mentioned it, he came back with the wrong bread. By this time, we had already finished our meal and didn't want to wait around for the bread. He graciously took the missing bread off our bill and let us go home with the wrong one. Is it just me or does the staff lack some sort of professionalism that is expected of NYC? Is this the aloof French service we should be accustomed to? Or is it just new opening jitters? I hope it's the last one. I'll be back to find out.

Maison Kayser
921 Broadway
New York, NY 10010
(212) 979-1600
maison-kayser-usa.com

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate Mousse and Baguette sandwiches!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.