Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Dominique Ansel Bakery: Magic Souffle & Smore

Dominique Ansel is one of my favorite bakeries in NYC. They make some really good quality baked items. Their kouign amann is one of my favorite items. But this time, I went in search for something else, specifically their magic souffle and smore.

The magic souffle is something quite amazing. A to go souffle that still hot, custardy, and oozing with delight. My souffle got a bit squished while I waited to eat it. Totally my doing.
How he does it? I'm not sure. But the chocolate grand marnier souffle is baked in a thin layer of brioche bread making it a hands on baked good. This is best eaten when still hot with the filling still shivering with every move.
And on a rare note, I decided to get a second dessert as well. This time, the smore which is assembled as your order it.
An ice cream filling surrounded by graham crackers and homemade marshmallows. They they caramelize the outside while you wait. The result is something very sweet but reminiscent of childhood.
Overall, I enjoyed the Magic Souffle more than the smore mainly because I don't have much of sweet tooth. But both desserts were expertly made and I wouldn't hesitate to order them again.

Dominique Ansel Bakery
189 Spring Street
New York, NY 10012
(212) 219-2773
dominiqueansel.com‎

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.