Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thanksgiving: Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I don't know what they did to Brussels sprouts but they're really good now. No more bitter, mushy orbs of cabbage. Instead, you have charred and caramelized nuggets. I like them best when roasted in the oven.

I prep my 4 lbs of sprouts the day before. They keep well in the refrigerator.
Then I toss them with salt, pepper, and oil in a half sheet pan. The oven is set to 425oF.
Let them brown and roast for about 30 minutes. They're best right out of the oven but they can be reheated easily.
I wonder if kids will like these now.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Ingredients
4 lbs brussels sprouts
Oil
Salt
Pepper

Directions
Preheat oven to 425oF
1. Wash and cut sprouts in half.
2. Place in half sheet pan in one even layer. I used 2 trays for 4 lbs.
3. Splash oil on top and season liberally with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast in oven for about 45 minutes until crisped and browned.
4. Remove from heat and serve immediately. If reheating, it's best to reheat in the oven uncovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.