Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Naruto Ramen

A few months ago before a talk at the 92nd Street Y to see Padma Lakshmi and Renee Redzepi speak, Dr. Mandoo and I needed a quick meal before the event started so I thought ramen would be a good choice. Luckily, we didn't have to wait too long for a couple of seats at nearby Naruto Ramen.

I ordered the namesake ramen bowl ($9) which is a soy sauce based noodle soup with menma (bamboo shoots), soft boiled egg, bean sprouts, cha siu (roast pork), scallions, and seaweed. The broth was savory and flavorful without being very rich. It was a good ramen but not one that was overly exciting. It was certainly fulfilling and hit the spot on a cold winter's night.

And what's a ramen meal without some gyoza ($5) to share? Fried to order with a crispy bottom, and a pork and cabbage filling. A perfectly fine rendition of a Japanese dumpling.
Naruto ramen was good and satisfied me perfectly. The service was fast and the food good. I wouldn't hesitate to go back if I'm in the area.

Naruto Ramen
1596 3rd Avenue
New York. NY 10128
(212) 289-7803

1 comment:

  1. The first place I ever had ramen! One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.