Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Tasty Eating 2013 Review

I have so much to be thankful for in 2013. Lots of great eats, and some not so good. But here, I'm going to reflect on the most happiest of memories.
Casa Mono
Like last year's birthday lunch with Dessert Zombie at Casa Mono. That foie gras dish with 5 different onions were to die for. If you like foie, you would love this dish.

But not all great things have to be pricey or fancy. For instance, finding a fried chicken place like Bob White is one of the best things to happen to me of recent food memory. It's so good that I go back over and over again bringing new customers and fellow enthusiasts as well.
Bob White's Kitchen and Lunch Counter
Going even further, barbecue also has a near and dear place in my heart. Smoky meats, cooked tender. Fletcher's Brooklyn Barbecue does it well.
Fletcher's Brooklyn Barbecue
Another great moment last year is when I finally made it out to Smorgasburg in Brooklyn. I met up with a few friends and indulged in a great variety of delicious food like Scharf & Zoyer.
Scharf & Zoyer
Dominique Ansel is probably on everyone's 2013 list with the cronut and all. But the bakery is so much more than that. The Magic Souffle is wonderful as well as the Smore.
Dominique Ansel Bakery
And I really cannot forget about my food tour with Mr. Haribo Mule in which we stumbled upon Pok Pok Phat Thai. And thus I claimed it to be the BEST THAI FOOD I'VE HAD IN MY LIFE. And that statement still stands true today.
Pok Pok Phat Thai
NYC milestones aside, I cannot reminisce about last year without swooning over my trip to France. Like that wonderful meal at Spring.
Spring (Paris, France)
Or that fun impromptu picnic in Provence.
Aix En Provence, France
Finally, I want to wrap up some of my cooking and baking feats from 2013 like Lunar New Year.
Lunar New Year 2013
And Thanksgiving. Oh my wonderful Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving 2013
And who can forget about that Lego Cake I made for my nephew.
Baking: Lego Cake
All in all, it was a great year. Thanks for letting me share it with you. Here's to a brand new year filled with lots of great things to eat! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Here's to another great year of eating, celebrating, and more eating. Happy times ahead!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.