Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Lunch Week 5: Chinese New Year Leftovers

So every Sunday, I head over to the kitchen to whip up a big batch of food for lunch the next week. Yes, I brown bag. And I almost always do it every week unless I become too busy to even buy cold cuts from the deli. I do it for several reasons being health, finance, and laziness. Now, you may think that spending hours on a day off to prep and cook five meals at once is hardly lazy. But let me remind you, I hate it when the time comes to decide what to eat for lunch every day. I work in Midtown so the choices are endless. My problem, the more choices, the harder it is for me. So it's much easier for me to have my lunch ready and already decided.

So my lunch for the week: Chinese New Year Leftovers
I say over and over again how great it is to host dinner parties. Not only do I get to design the whole menu and feed those whom I love but I am granted with lots of delicious leftovers. Not into cooking a whole feast by yourself? Host a potluck and invite people that can cook. Lots of delicious leftovers still!

This year, I finally had enough space to host both sides of the family. The funny thing is that I didn't really have to make any more food. In fact, most of my dishes were large enough to feed the larger guest size. In my home, it's always better to have too much food than to not have enough. So even with giving away some of my leftovers, Mr. M&P and I still have plenty for lunch for next week.
Sure, I'm straying away from my usual healthy lunches but this was a special holiday treat. A super delicious one. Yum yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.