Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ferrara's

Mr. M&P and I have been trying to explore our neighborhood a bit. So we drove into Westfield one night to try Ferrara's, a bustling Italian restaurant.
It was a very cold winter night but Ferrara's was still pretty full. We looked over the menu and I decided on spaghetti and meatballs ($16). They offer this dish with marinara sauce or meat sauce. I picked the former because I thought the meatballs would be enough. And I was sure glad I did because when this plate landed on my side of the table, I noticed that the meatballs were huge. I mean fist sized. Holy moly!

The meatballs were okay. They had a good mix of meat and breadcrumbs making it not too dense nor too loose. The pasta, unfortunately, was a bit overcooked. And the sauce was a bit salty.

Mr. M&P had the baked lasagna ($16) with homemade pasta sheets layered with seasoned beef, ricotta, mozzarella, and meat sauce. He seemed to enjoy it. This dish was super heavy but better executed than my own. Mr. M&P seemed to enjoy it.
This was our second visit to Ferrara's. The first time, I had the roast salmon over spinach and mashed potatoes while he had a meat lover's pizza. Overall, I think the food is okay. It's completely Italian American food. But sometimes, one gets that craving.

Ferrara's
14 Elm Street
Westfield, NJ 07090
(908) 232-1105
ferrarosrestaurant.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.