Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My Trip to Barcelona, Spain (Day 8): La Boqueria - El Quim

Our next stop was at El Quim. This tiny stall ran like a well tuned machine. Everyone in the tiny space knew what to do, where to be, and did it efficiently. It was really kind of amazing.
We waited a bit for El Quim. But we eventually scored a corner space with two chairs. That was enough space for two to sit and one to stand. I edged out another tourist looking for space by plopping my ass into one of the chairs. When it comes to food, I can be very aggressive.

To start, we shared some croquettas. They were nicely fried being crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. A solid version here.
But what I thought to be really good was the octopus salad. Tender piece of tentacles and rings dressed with a sweet tangy balsamic vinaigrette. The combination of the octopus with the julienned vegetables and the dressing really did it for me. The textures, the flavors, and the presentation was all done well.
And for my adventurous side, I ordered the tripe. The honeycomb tripe came hot in a tomato sauce. Tender pieces of cow stomach absorbed the delicious sauce. This was a pretty big serving so I struggled to finish this. But it was delicious none the less.
Another solid meal had at La Boqueria. Both places were different enough that each warrants a revisit if I had the time.

El Quim
La Boqueria
Rambla, 91, 08002
Barcelona, Spain
+34 933 18 25 84
www.boqueria.info

1 comment:

  1. That salad looks really good! Actually everything looks good. Sounds like you picked winning dishes.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.