Friday, July 11, 2014

Independence Day Party

Shortly into the Spring and Summer, I realized that most of my big family parties are based during the winter months. So much time passes by before I have people over for a big feast. Sure, I'll have dinner parties here and there but nothing like a big spread to impress. So for this year's Independence Day, I decide to host a party. The really difference was that I made it a lunch instead of my normal dinners.
So here is what I made for my beloved family: lobster rolls, make your own pulled pork sandwiches with cole slaw, corn, Korean spiced chicken wings, and potato salad.

Here's a closer look at the lobster rolls. I kept it simple and classic with buttered and toasted split top buns with roughly chopped lobster (tails, claws, and knuckles) tossed lightly with mayonnaise. This was clearly the obvious hit.
Red, white and blue fingerling potato salad with mustard and mayo dressing.
Pulled pork to eat as is or in a sandwich. The pork was slow cooked for 5 hours until super tender. After pulling the meat apart, I tossed it back in its own juices, fat, and spices.
A vinegary cole slaw to be eaten with the pulled pork. It's best between a Martin's potato roll.
And finally Korean spiced chicken wings. Sweet and spicy flavors.
For dessert, I also served a Nutella pound cake, watermelon, and pineapple. I just forgot to take pictures of those. Oops!

Otherwise, a very successful party indeed. If I were to change one thing, I think I would swap out the potato salad with another side. What the side would be, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe macaroni and cheese. Maybe a fresh salad. Until next year.

3 comments:

  1. Holy crap! You went all out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite posts are your home parties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone for your support!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.