Thursday, August 14, 2014

Quality Meats

Another wonderful visit from Mr. Haribo Mule. And you know what that means...STEAK! This time we went to Quality Meats.
We started off the meal with an amuse bouche of radishes with butter. A spicy, fresh kick.

Then forget about the appetizers, we went straight for the meat. I had the aged bone in sirloin ($45). A piece of meat that wasn't too fatty nor too lean. Just the right amount for me. Nicely seared and cooked to my preferred medium rare. Seasoning was okay. I wish it were a bit more aggressive. I like a lot of salt on my steak.
The guys each had the bone in rib steak ($48) which really looked like a tomahawk to me. A large bone on each plate.
And now the sides like the parmesan waffle fries ($10) which were crispy and lightly cheesy.
And here are a bunch of the other sides like broccoli and cheese bites ($12) which I thought would be like tater tots or nuggets. Nope, in fact, the cheese bits were gooey but separate from the broccoli. I wouldn't order this again. The yorkshire creamed spinach ($12) came in a light yorkshire pudding. Unfortunately, that meant less creamed spinach. I did enjoy eating the pudding after we polished off the creamed spinach. On the far right is the corn creme brulee ($12) which was a fancy version of creamed corn. Nothing entirely special with that. And on the bottom were the warm dinner rolls served with dinner.
For dessert, we shared the Grasshopper ice cream scoop ($6.50) with mini chocolate chip ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and a chocolate dipped Oreo cookie. The ice cream was really minty. A nice refreshing and sweet end to the meal.
Overall, I thought Quality Meats was okay. The steak was decent and the sides were okay. I guess I shouldn't have assumed to receive classic steakhouse sides. These were definitely a bit more refined and "upgraded". For me, I prefer the classics.

Quality Meats
57 W 58th Street
New York, NY 10019
(212) 371-7777
qualitymeatsnyc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.