Tuesday, October 14, 2014

My Trip to Chicago, IL (Day 1): Billy Goat Tavern

When we landed in Chicago, I was starving. It was still pretty early in the morning and wasn't time for our lunch reservation yet. So as we walked towards our hotel from the train station, we passed by a sign for none other that the Billy Goat Tavern. I was immediately excited because I knew it was serving burgers at this hour. So we dropped off our luggage and headed straight there. We were practically the only patrons there at that hour. But shortly after more people came in for the lunch rush.

I got the ever so popular double cheeseburger and a side of chips. For toppings and condiments, there's a self serve bar. I opted for ketchup and pickles. And oh did that hit the spot. Two thin beef patties on a crusty kaiser roll type soft bun. Some ketchup and pickles for tang.
Service was quick and food was good. And that's all I need.

Billy Goat Tavern
430 N. Michigan Ave at Lower Level
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 222-1525
billygoattavern.com

2 comments:

  1. No chips?

    Such a cool location.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo, you didn't read my post. What little there is of it.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.