Monday, November 24, 2014

Parm

One night after helping Mrs. Green M&M and Mr. HP Sauce move, Mr. M&P and I were ravenous. It was still early in the night so we decided to see if we could score a table at the ever so popular Parm. There was a bit of a wait but we were in no rush. So when we got seated, we kind of ordered with our eyes while our stomachs gurgled in hunger.
We started off the night with the Pizza Knots ($5) which were like garlic knots but with sauce and cheese. These were quite tasty but didn't blow my mind. I wouldn't mind order them again but only when I'm craving them.

What I'd rather order every time is the calamari ($14) which was available that night. They have a sign up front that indicates when they have fresh calamari or not. These rings of squid are lightly battered and fried. They throw in some pieces of peppers too. I like how delicate they are. A squeeze of lemon is all it needs. But the restaurant throws in some sauces for good measure anyway.
For my entree, I had the special of the night which was the veal parm. It came as a sandwich or the platter. I chose the platter because I didn't feel like eating a sandwich that night. The platter comes with a side salad or baked ziti. I thought that a large parm and pasta would be too much. So I opted for the salad. Parm's salad was a Sunday salad. It's a simple iceberg lettuce with tomatoes, cucumbers, and pickled peppers dressed in Italian dressing. It was the perfect acidic note to the heavy main course.

The main course itself was a flattened piece of veal that was breaded and fried then covered in sauce and cheese. To my delightful surprise, there was also a this slice of eggplant on top of that veal parm. It was excellent. I really enjoyed it and almost ate the whole thing myself. But of course, I stopped myself from being too overindulgent.
Mr. M&P had the chicken parm hero ($12) which he very much enjoyed. Thinly pounded chicken then breaded and fried to a crisp. And finally smothered in sauce and cheese and sandwiched between classic Italian bread with sesame seeds.
Once again, a very enjoyable experience at Parm. The food was delightful and the service friendly. The space is small but if you don't mind, you'll have a good time.

Parm
248 Mulberry St
New York, NY 10012
(212) 993-7189
parmnyc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.